A downloadable Unity plugin
BLOED is a (more or less) simple block-based level editor for Unity. It allows creating geometry by combining 1x1x1 blocks (or "bloxels") of different shapes - a bit like Lego. The tool can be extended with your own block models and textures. While BLOED is an editor mainly, the bloxel API is also usable at run-time, for procedurally generated content.
Tested with Unity 2019.4 LTS, 2020.3 LTS and 2021.3 LTS.
The complete documentation is here.
BLOED is meant as a quick prototyping tool for some of our game projects. From time to time there will be updates.
- BLOED generates meshes, it does not rely on the GPU
- Different bloxel shapes
- Usage of texture atlases
- Cuboid tool for quick carving/building of larger geometry
- Copy & paste tool
- Quick switching between free placement mode and grid mode on X/Y/Z plane
- Tool for joists/pillars
- Bloxel GameObject can be transformed (moved, rotated, scaled)
- Prefabs are supported
Some projects that use BLOED:
- Eronoctosis - A 2-Player Networked Horror Co-Op game
- 666 Coins (jam entry) - Horror 7dfps with procedural levels
- HOLOCODE (jam entry) - First-person coding game
In order to download this Unity plugin you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $7.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- bloed v1.1.2Jun 13, 2022
- bloed v1.1.1Apr 15, 2022
- bloed v1.1Apr 10, 2022
- bloed v1.0Mar 15, 2022
- bloed v0.8Feb 27, 2022
- bloed v0.7.4Jan 20, 2022
- bloed v0.7.3Dec 20, 2021
- bloed v0.7.2Dec 03, 2021